Tuesday, October 07, 2008

St. Mary's Dedication Mass

Click this photo to go to my flickr page. There are more St. Mary's pics there. It was a beautiful Mass, with 2 Bishops, tons of priests and 4 rather rowdy children (not MINE, of course!).

The Church looked awesome. We even got to see them dedicate the altar, place relics of St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Dominic. Then Bishop Aymond took his time smearing the new altar with a whole pitcher (I'm sure there is a fancier name for is) full of Chrism oil.

Go Aggie Catholics! Check out their site to see what's new: www.aggiecatholic.org

1 comment:

Rich said...

I'm glad the new altar is sonice. In fact, I'd say it is one of the finer altars I've seen in a modern church. Love the deacon in the dalmatic. It's very Deacon Raia. He's going to be an awesome priest.

It looks like it was a beautiful occasion. Are those your personal photos or is that an "official" shot from the St. Mary's archive?